Washington, DC – [October 7, 2014] – Today, at the American Trucking Associations (ATA) annual MC&E conference, the growing industry-wide movement Trucking Moves America Forward (TMAF) shared highlights in a “state of the movement” press conference, including that it has reached over 80 percent of its one million dollar fundraising goal.
TMAF – launched in March at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, KY – is an industry-wide image and internal education initiative informing policy makers, motorists and the public about the benefits of the trucking industry to help build a groundswell of political and grassroots support necessary to strengthen and grow the industry.
“To be at 80 percent of our goal already is a remarkable achievement,” said Kevin Burch, vice chairman of TMAF and president of Jet Express. “We’ve made concentrated efforts to lay the foundation of a groundbreaking movement within the industry and are excited about reaching our one million dollar goal. We’ve had a great start, but the best is yet to come for TMAF.”
Companies who have contributed significant financial donations include Pilot Flying J, Allied Committee for the Trucking Industry, ATA, Old Dominion Freight Lines, Love’s Travel Stops, Great West Casualty Company, Trucking Associations Executive Council and Jack Cooper Transport.
• Reached over 80% of the million dollar goal
• $1.25 million contribution from Pilot Flying J; held press conference at Newseum in Washington D.C.
• Sponsorship on the Love’s Travel Stop and Pilot Flying J NASCAR race cars
• More than $2million in-kind financial contributions, including Randall Reilly and Transport Topics
• Over one million advertising impressions due to in-kind donations from MAXIM, Transport Topics, Overdrive Magazine, Commercial Carrier Journal and Heavy Duty Trucking
• Presence at ATA’s Annual Management Conference & Exhibition, Mid-America Trucking Show and Great American Trucking Show
Representative Media Coverage (more than 25 million impressions)
• Transport Topics
• Road Dog Trucking Channel
• Land Line Radio Now
• Land Line Magazine
• Commercial Carrier Journal
• Heavy Duty Trucking
• POLITICO Transportation
• Roll Call
• The Hill
• MAXIM Magazine
• American Trucker
• The Trucker
• The Memphis Business Journal
• Dave Nemo Show
Digital & Social Media
- Launched a full and interactive movement website with over 1,800 subscribers
- Created a new social media channels that have grown organically throughout the year
- Facebook: More than 1,700 page “LIKES”
- YouTube: Four videos on YouTube with more than 19,000 total views
- Twitter: Nearly 600 followers
In addition to the financial contributions, TMAF has garnered support from industry leaders such as Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association and Truckload Carriers Association.
To join the movement, go to www.truckingmovesamerica.com