Industry Movement Recognized in ‘Branding’ Category
Washington, D.C. – Aug. 17, 2016 – PR News this week named Trucking Moves America Forward a finalist for the 2016 Platinum PR Award. Each year, PR News’ Platinum PR Awards honors top public relations campaigns ranging from crisis management and social media to word-of-mouth marketing. The finalists for the Platinum PR Awards set industry standards for excellence across all areas of PR.
- telling the stories of truck drivers who log millions of accident-free miles each year;
- reaching out to lawmakers to advocate for a long-term highway bill;
- humanizing truck drivers as friends, family and neighbors with a critical job to do; and
- elevating trucking industry pride and positioning TMAF as the vehicle to show that pride.
- Member Database: TMAF increased its email membership database to 2,100, encouraging visitors to subscribe via the website and download helpful materials.
- Media Coverage: TMAF distributed news through press releases and secured coverage in 50 media outlets, including 26 op-eds in local publications.
- Digital Communications: 2015 was an exceptional year for TMAF in the digital space, including:
- Facebook: A 199 percent increase in fans and more than 2 million impressions.
- Twitter: A 118 percent increase in followers and more than 1 million impressions.
- Videos: TMAF filmed and produced a series of videos highlighting industry professionals’ personal pride in their jobs, their safety records, and the importance of trucking to the U.S. economy.
- Paid Advertising: TMAF implemented two targeted advertising buys in 2015. A lawmaker campaign yielded 165,870 impressions in print ads, a click-through rate of 0.15 percent on website-banner ads, and nearly 1 million impressions from 26 radio spots; a consumer campaign during NTDAW reached a total circulation of more than 1.5 million readers in major daily newspapers.