Trucking Moves America Forward (TMAF) commissioned research in February 2019 to measure the impact of the awareness and education campaign over the past four years among American motorists.
- The image of the trucking industry remains very positive. Motorists not only give the industry credit for moving more freight than railroads or airlines, but they overwhelmingly believe that the industry plays a very important role in the country’s economy.
- Americans describe the industry as the “backbone of our country” and say that “if the trucks stop rolling, the country stops rolling.”
- Many motorists have positive things to say about truck drivers and the industry, complimenting their commitment to safety and hard work.
- Americans describe the industry’s safety record as positive and having improved over the last twenty years.
- Americans believe that truck drivers are not only professionals, but safe drivers, with higher standards for safety than others on the road.