Get Involved, #ThankADriver
This week, Trucking Moves America Forward (TMAF), the industry-wide image and education movement, kicks off its celebration of National Truck Driver Appreciation Week by acknowledging and honoring professional drivers and members of the trucking industry.
“Professional drivers are the lifeblood of America’s economy, hauling goods and products that we use every day, and this week we say thank you to the drivers,” said Kevin Burch, TMAF co-chair and president of Jet Express. “Over three million professional truck drivers travel our roads every day, and we are proud to celebrate our drivers’ commitment to safety, excellence and community.”
The Impact of Professional Truck Drivers on the American economy:
- There are 3.4 million truck drivers in the U.S.
- Professional truck drivers drove over 421 billion miles in 2014.
- Most individual long-haul drivers average 100,000 to 110,000 miles of driving per year; regional and city drivers will drive an average of 48,000 miles.
- The job of a truck driver is paramount. Trucking remains the dominant mode of freight transportation, hauling over 68% of domestic freight in 2014
- Truck drivers deliver life’s necessities. 80 percent of U.S. communities depend solely on trucking for delivery of their goods and commodities.
TMAF is proud to announce an advertising campaign targeted to consumers that launches today in celebration of the week. The campaign aims to demonstrate that professional truck drivers are your friends, family and neighbors. Print advertisements will appear in daily newspapers in major markets throughout the country including: Sacramento, Billings, Omaha, Houston, Dayton, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and Orlando. View the ads here.
“There’s a story to tell about how integral the trucking industry is to America’s economy, and without our drivers, America simply would not move forward,” Burch added. “Our drivers often do not receive the respect they deserve, and this is just one week out of the year to remind us of their critical role in moving our nation’s economy.”
TMAF encourages the industry and general public to get involved and #ThankADriver this week. To join the movement, go to www.truckingmovesamerica.com
About Trucking Moves America Forward
Trucking Moves America Forward is a long-term industry-wide movement established to create a positive image for the industry, to ensure that policymakers and the public understand the importance of the trucking industry to the nation’s economy, and to build the political and grassroots support necessary to strengthen and grow the industry in the future.
Follow Us on Social Media